Quality Management Standards Ireland
Quality Management System
ISO 9001 is an internationally recognised management standard for quality. Certification to the standard removes barriers to trade and provides public recognition of the systems, structures and competencies within an organisation.
ISO 9001 is a risk based and process orientated management framework based on the Plan – Do – Check – Act (PDCA) model. The management systems promotes relationship management and a customer focus.
The standard is based on 7 core principles for Quality management. These principles, their interpretation and application are what distinguish organisational product, process and service quality.
ISO 9001 principles in brief
- QMP 1 – Customer focus
- QMP 2 – Leadership
- QMP 3 – Engagement of people
- QMP 4 – Process approach
- QMP 5 -Improvement
- QMP 6 – Evidence-based decision making
- QMP 7 -Relationship management
Key elements of ISO in brief
- 1 Scope
- 2Normative references
- 3Terms and definitions
- 4Context of the Organisation
- 5Leadership and commitment
- 6 Planning
- 9Performance evaluation
QMS Solutions as qualified and experienced Quality Management Professionals possess the required knowledge and experience to assist and guide your organisation to successful management systems implementation and certification.
We assist organisations across all sectorspublic and private, commercial, and non-commercial, irrespective of size,with the correct interpretation, design and implementation of their quality management system–one that best fits their organisational needsand industry needs, whilst crucially enables theirbusinessobjectives.
The requirements of ISO 9001 are non-prescriptive and compatible with all ISO management standards, allowing ease of integration of existing management systems and other ISO management standards respectively, as a single integrated management system – IMS.
A well-integrated IMS will drive greater efficiencies by removing duplication of effort and resources, whilst providing greater transparency, process visibility and accountability for business results.
Benefits of a Quality Management System include:
- ISO certification highlights to prospective and existing customers that your business has the resources, capability and management systems necessary to consistently deliver to expectations.
- ISO certification demonstrates the maturity of an organisation and the valued attributed to Quality.
- ISO certification removes barriers to trade and enables industry by standards alignment across borders.
- ISO management systems provide an established foundation to for controlled growth and development
- ISO certification provides public recognition of Quality standards.
- ISO certification provides enhanced marketing ability via the use of the ISO logo.
- Improved process efficiency and productivity
- Clear unambiguous, repeatable processes, creating improved morale and job satisfaction.
QMS Solutions services
We provide full systems support at all stages of development. Services include:
- Completion of an initial assessment and gap analysis
- The preparation of all required systems documentation Note: systems requirements may be addressed via digital / automated systems.
- Training and mentoring throughout systems development
- Completion of internal audit as a pre-requisite to certification
- Support with the completion of the annual management review as a pre-requisite to certification
Steps to Certification
QMS Solutions will complete the application for certification and liaise with the certification body to ensure a successful outcome.