Food business operators (FBO’s) are required to implement and maintain a food safety management system based on HACCP as a minimum legal requirement.
However, within the food sector there are several industry standards required by the market and may depend on where your customers are located. For example BRC is a common requirement for businesses trading in the UK. IFS Food is a common requirement for businesses trading across the EU, whereas ISO 22000:2018 is an internationally recognised standard for food safety management.
Additional food product or sector specific standards include Global Gap, An Bord Bia QAS, Red Tractor, amongst others
Food Safety (HACCP) Management Systems
Food safety management systems (HACCP) provide a systematic approach to identifying and controlling hazards in food businesses.
Hazards may be microbiological, physical or chemical materials that could pose a danger to the preparation of safe food.
The main benefits of HACCP for your business include:
- Via systematic control HACCP can prevent / reduce the likelihood of
- Increased standards of food quality and safety.
- Your food business becomes compliant with the law.
- Can prove due diligence in the event of a court action.
- Your processes become structured and orgainised around food safety
and quality standards.
- This structure promotes teamwork.
- Saves your business money in the long run
QMS Solutions services
We provide full systems support at all stages of development. Services include:
- Completion of an initial assessment and gap analysis
- The preparation of all required systems documentation Note: systems requirements may be addressed via digital / automated systems.
- Training and mentoring throughout systems development
- Completion of internal audit as a pre-requisite to certification.
- Support with the completion of the annual management review as a pre-requisite to certification
Steps to Certification
QMS Solutions will complete the application for certification and liaise with the certification body to ensure a successful outcome.